Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Song of the day




I Want to Know What Love Is- Foreigner


Dear Mr. X,

I've always wanted to tell you that 'hey, I actually quite fancy you... I wonder whether you feel the same way about me?' You see, you always come in different reincarnations but  typically in the form of the 'adorkable'. At first glance, my eyes just glazes over but somehow, your personality and character hooks me. You're  addictive like crack. (Not that I've ever tried crack before...)

One day, I hope that I will muster the courage and just confront you. I've always been Miss Passive. I've always wished that I was more assertive and proactive. I've always buried the feelings deep inside, afraid of rejection, afraid of the repercussions, afraid what others may think of me...

Because of you, I've done crazy things in the past: dragged the 'unwilling you' onto the dance floor, joined bible club, underwent a metamorphosis thinking that somehow a transformation will help you notice this wallflower, told everyone except you of my feelings, smiling like lunatic all day because of some haphazard comment you make, stupidly denying my feelings to you in case that a confession may upset the equilibrium between us, ...

But this is the year of answers. I want either a 'yes or a no', 'no ifs, buts or maybes'... Rejection may hurt in the short term but regret is even worse... Living in the world of maybes and possibilities... So one day, if I ever confront you, just remember: 'I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her..' So please be kind, please be nice, please don't be too cruel to this frail, delicate, battered heart...

Regards,

LG




No comments:

Post a Comment