Friday, February 17, 2012

Addiction.

An unhealthy obsession. A moment's infatuation. A need for more.



My current addiction is to: anime, more specifically, it's to Fairy Tail... Back in high school, I dabbled in it but it never really appealed to me... Nicholas Tse, Ayumi Hamasaki, Asian drama series, Asian pop had more of an appeal.  I probably watched the cursory Sailor Moon, One Piece, Pokemon, Yu Gi Oh etc but never dabbled beyond that...

How did this addiction initate? Upon the recommendation of watching an anime by the name of Full Metal Alchemist, but then I couldn't source it beyond the first season and gave up. Furthermore, due to my insatiable impatience, I had already wiki-ed the whole synopsis. Tsk, tsk, tsk... I'm the type who reads mystery novels, attempts to solve the mystery mid-way through the book and then skip to the ending to ascertain as to whether my predictions were accurate...

But Fairy Tail is beyond that. The manga is still running, hence, there is no way I will know the plot. I ploughed through 100 episodes within a fortnight and am now craving for more... Fairy Tail is the typical 'hero's journey'- you have the hero- Natsu; the goddess- Erza/ Lisanna/ Lucy; the fool- Happy; the father figure- Marokov... The appeal is the clear distinction between good and evil- the Official Guilds VS Dark Guilds and the chance of redemption for villains such as Gajeel, Juvia, Jellhal, Laxus... It's got the perfect concoction of elements of magic, suspense, romance, adventure, thriller all into one... Dark moments are punctuated by Happy's little snippets (which I find actually quite annoying...)

Favorite characters:

 - Juvia (The Rainwoman). Perhaps, it's due to her melancholy, appeal of being able to manipulate water, chance of redemption- being able to join Fairy Tail despite being an ex-member of element 4. Cannot wait to see the love triangle between her, Lyon and Gray!!!!

-  Loke- Celestial Spirit of Leo. If any one of the characters could exist in real life, I would like to meet him the most. I wonder if he ends up with Aries???

- Libra- one of the 12 zodiac gate keys. I am actually born under the stars of Libra which is why I am so curious about his/ her form in Fairy Tail.  Even though, the manga has made no mention of Libra as yet... I am truly intrigued by how Libra would look like... I think that Libra would most probably be in the form of a woman- given that Libra is governed by Venus (astrology knowledge...), have a pair of scales on her, judgment of justice...

And the addiction continues...



No comments:

Post a Comment