Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Makeup of the day




What a beautiful look for the everyday office/work look! I love the emphasis on base makeup- it's a very Japanese concept. In contrast with the Western makeup looks which emphasizes on point makeup, Japanese makeup places more focus on the base makeup with a flawless foundation finish and appropriate highlighting.

Have recently finished my KATE long lasting 2 way pact in OC B and am now onto Coffret D'or silky lasting 2 way pact in OC C. After a month in Menindee and Broken Hill, I have tanned quite badly and OC B no longer looks natural on me anymore- in fact there's the quite apparent dreaded foundation/ skin demarcation line around the jaw line... Ergh.

Funnily enough, during my time there, a friend had kindly pointed out this foundation faux pas and that the colour on my nose bridge was significantly lighter than the rest of my face. (Actually that was an attempt at trying to highlight the nose bridge... ) Perhaps it was due to the poor lighting, inept skills or just rush of time... But I really do need to spend more time on the base makeup to re-create Lisa Eldrige's look above...

No comments:

Post a Comment