Friday, March 2, 2012

Things happening in my life

  • My uncle from HK has come to visit Australia for the next week or so, which means, eating out every single night… And because it's mainly the older generation- its good ol' style Chinese banquet food, which equates to flavour, richness, MSG and lots of fat

  • My article on HBV adherence to oral antiviral therapy has finally been published! YAY! The process has taken nearly 2 years from ethics, recruitment, data analysis, write-up to publication. To be quite honest, never thought of the possibility of being published… It was obviously the work of Lady Luck and Fortune…

  • To celebrate the above good news, I decided to treat myself to a Lancome khol eyeliner in Black Ebony (seriously, the Lancome khol eyeliners are perfect  for achieving the smoky eye effect) and Dior eyeliner brush…
  • Am absolutely enamoured with my Elizabeth Arden color intrigue eyeshadow palette in Cashmere Neutrals- it's such a lovely neutrals palette perfect for work and casual outings… It's highly pigmented with little fallout as opposed to the SLEEK storm palette. With regards to the Intervene eyecream, it's not too bad… 1. It has SPF 15+. 2. Acts as good base for my Lancome under-eye concealer. 3. Has shimmer which does help to brighten my under- eye area.
  •  Product that changed my life: Clinique Clarifying Lotion # 2. I have been using it for the past fortnight and the results are impressive. Brighter, radiant, blemish-free skin… Initially, was quite hesitant due to the fact that it contained alcohol but surprisingly my skin has not reacted at all… 

  • Attended a birthday dinner tonight, it was so lovely to see the old familiar faces. These are the friends I first met during my first year of med school and I am so glad that we are still in touch with each other…
  • Jung Da Yeon, also known as 'Momjjang Ahjumma' (Mrs. Hot Body), head of a fitness empire in Korea. I have been trialling her Figurerobics, which promises toned arms, buttocks, abs and thighs, for the past week. Note: she was once an overweight housewife with 2 kids who decided to turn her life around at the age of 33 with the exercises in her routine and healthy dieting.  Imagine the Korean equivalent of Tracy Anderson (celebrity trainer to Madonna and Gwyneth Paltrow). Though, it is still too early to see any results, it is surprisingly addictive… My body is literally perspiring like crazy and sore after the workout. Admittedly, I have never been the most fit or healthy person, but it's time for a change…

  • Went to the appointment this Monday. It is possibly the biggest decision I have made in my life. I am resolved to go through with it. I am glad I have the support of my family. Although, there have been people who have sneered at my decision, saying it's all due to vanity… I am going to go ahead with it. I hope at the end of this year, I will end up being satisfied with the results. Though, honestly, I am shaking with trepidation and anticipation…
  • To buy list: (once I have hit the pan of its predecessor)
    • Lierac Clay Masque
    • Guerlains Meteorites
    • Clinique Clarifying Lotion #2


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having an amazing time! Congratulations on getting your article published!! =) I love Guerlain's Meteorites and I just can't get enough of them! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks S! cannot wait to get my hands on Guerlain's meteorites!!!!

      Delete
  2. the food look so delicious. make me starving that soup

    ReplyDelete