Sunday, May 13, 2012

Perfume- Lovely



I have always been on the quest for a signature fragrance... The perfume that fully defines you. The scent that others immediately recognises as you. Your signature.

 In the past, I have always been drawn towards floral scents e.g. Cacharel's Anais Anais, Dior's Diorissmo, Philosophy's Amazing Grace etc.

 I received SJP's Lovely as a gift, from the bottle and commercial, one would immediately think that this was a feminine scent and indeed, this was my first impression when I sprayed it on my wrist. Initial impression: powdery, floral, musky...
 
However, after a few more uses, I suddenly got a whiff of a masculine woody musky scent. Almost like a man's aftershave. I was completely taken back by the perfume. After a bit of research, I then realised that SJP had intended for this to be a 'genderless' perfume- dirty, sexy, musky... And it really depends on body chemistry, on some it reads 'feminine and floral', on others it reads 'masculine and woody musky'...  Nevertheless, I quite enjoy this perfume- unobstrusive, sillage is decent, scent is comforting...


2 comments:

  1. I love also a floral scent especially in this summer. I just like a mild smell of perfume...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely agree with you! i prefer my perfumes to be unobstrusive, though still there...

      I wish i had the gutso to pull off a thierry mugler angel or chanel no. 5- perhaps with age I will...

      Delete